The Whole Bean’s Garbanzo ready to eat Nutrition Flour is an ingredient dream come true.
We take 100% pure, non-GMO, naturally gluten free chickpeas and cook them utilizing our proprietary process. This produces a chickpea flour with a pleasing taste, superior functionality, and exceptional nutritional value. We add nothing before, during or after cooking ... not even salt.
Fortify with a neutral fresh taste. The chickpea is a nutritional powerhouse providing high quality plant protein, fiber, healthy starches, iron, folate and a plethora of vitamins and minerals. This flour significantly boosts the nutrition level in foods. Chickpeas are also low in fat and calories. If that’s not enough, The Whole Bean's chickpea flour does not have a bean-like aftertaste or smell that other legume flours or dry pea ingredients do. Stop trying to mask the bad taste of pea ingredients! The Whole Bean flour gives a neutral flavor that won't overpower the flavors you desire.
The Whole Bean's chickpea flour is a clean label alternative to wheat flour, soy flour, soy lecithin and emulsifying gums.
- Emulsifies on par with egg yolks.
- Absorbs 20% more oil than competitive products.
- Absorbs 25% more water than competitive products.
- Blends with cold water or oil eliminating water waste or cooking cost and allowing for less energy use.
- Boasts the highest foam capacity and foam stability of any comparable product.
- Boasts good dispersibility with standard equipment.
It can improve operational efficiency, cost structure, and product yields. It requires no additional cooking. Its extremely low micro-load reduces safety risk by allowing food production in a dry environment until blending.
Healthy People, Healthy Planet. Not only are chickpeas good for you, they are good for the planet. Chickpeas and other legumes (pulses) have the ability to capture and use atmospheric nitrogen, thus contributing to soil fertility. This means chickpeas require little, if any, added synthetic fertilizers. Studies have shown this characteristic can also boost yields for other crops when used in a crop rotation. Further, chickpeas are a low water use crop.
How to Use it: The Whole Bean’s chickpea flour can be used successfully in a myriad of products, including:
- Muffins and other baked goods
- Snack Bars
- Salad dressings
- Nutritional Shakes and Beverages
- Frozen and Refrigerated Desserts
- Baby Food
- Sausages and other processed meats
- Premium Animal Food